Crunchy , crispy creaks , who crisps my little house? … The wind … No! We, because it was built with cheese bars and who can resist them? Especially in the form of these tasty oregano sesame cheese sticks! I’ve been looking forward to sharing this recipe with you for days but since I cracked the 1000 followers on Instagram the day before yesterday, this snack is perfect for celebrating. Next week, a few small cupcakes will join us.
Oregano sesame cheese sticks
The recipe is very simple and you can refine the dough not only with oregano, but also with thyme, marjoram, rosemary … everything your heart desires!
Or how about crushed dried tomatoes? I will try that next time.
The cheese is middle aged Gouda. He is neither too tight nor too soft. This makes it easy to rub – even grated cheese tastes way better – and you can process it with flour, egg and margarine to a smooth supple dough.
The dough may then be allowed to cool in the refrigerator so that it can be shaped into beautiful rolls a little later. Covered with egg yolk and decorated with sesame, the oregano sesame cheese sticks immediately go into the oven to be baked crispy golden brown
I wish I had some of them now … so yummy
Perfect for the evening with friends
In the evenings on the sofa, these oregano sesame cheese sticks are a great alternative to chips and other sweets.
At the weekend, impress your friends and families with a bundle of home-baked cheese sticks. All you need is a simple dip. Mix some Greek yogurt with lemon juice and olive oil. Add a handful of fresh chopped herbs and you’re done!
Of course, they are delicious without too much!
But now fast to the recipe!
- 210 g of flour
- 120 g Gouda (medium old)
- 120 g of margarine or butter
- 1 egg
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 egg yolk + a little milk to coat
- 2 tablespoons of sesame
- some black cumin
- All ingredients should be at room temperature, therefore min. Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before.
- Rub Gouda as fine as possible.
- Put all the dough ingredients in a bowl and process into a smooth dough. Wrap in foil and cover for min. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 190 ° C convection.
- Remove a piece (about 2 tablespoons) from the dough and roll it on a (possibly lightly floured) work surface to a thin roll. The diameter should be max. 1 cm. Divide the skein into two pieces or leave it entirely, if long cheese bars are preferred. Set the rods aside.
- Do the same with the rest of the dough.
- Place the dough sticks close together. Mix sesame in a small bowl with some black cumin. In a bowl, stir the egg yolk with a small dash of milk. Brush the surface of the rods with it. Sprinkle with sesame and black cumin.
- Lay out two baking trays with baking paper and place the bars on them at a small distance (see pictures). Bake in the oven at 190 ° C convection oven for about 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool and enjoy