Wuaaah, actually the recipe for a blogger cookbook was planned for the fall! But since that did not work, you get the recipe directly! ♥ Super, right? And who does not like it, the carrot soup with mild coconut milk and some spicy ginger?
But before I tell you something about the delicious recipe, I have to first report on my “wonderful” Monday morning. I grabbed something wrong and took the wrong painkillers. Minutes later, the tingling sensation started on the palate and then came the sneezing.
In the meantime, I was a bit confused. Actually, my allergies have already fallen sharply, so that even in summer I have hardly any problems with pollen. But then suddenly my lip was swollen and my palms began to itch, so I decided to march to the doctor. Luckily it is just 2-3 minutes walk from our apartment.
Well, then it was probably an allergic reaction and after a small infusion, I was allowed to experience my first trip with an ambulance. Somehow I would have rather gone to work … But after a short stay in the ER, I know now at least that everything about me is okay 😉 ECG, blood pressure and blood count in the green area!
But enough of me and back to the soup!
Carrots and coconut ginger soup
The recipe for this fine soup I’ve been in the trap for almost a year already! So longer than my little one already exists. Krass, that’s been around for almost a year now 😀 another month then I have my one year old. Juheee!
Well, in any case, I cooked the soup last year for the big Christmas dinner with my family and at that time everyone was excited ♥ Therefore, I hope to make you happy with it as well 😉
By the way, the soup gets especially fine by passing it, which removes coarse pieces from the soup and leaves behind only the finest pureed part. That gives an extra plus in creaminess. Mmmmmh ..!
And especially chic is the whole thing with a dollop of balsamic cream and roasted white bread with a little cumin ♥
- 600 g of carrots
- 1 onion
- 40 g of ginger
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp Madras Curry Powder
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 250 ml broth
- 50 ml white wine (optional)
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Wash carrots, peel and cut into slices about 5 mm thick. Peel onions, garlic and ginger and dice roughly.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add onions and fry until golden brown while stirring. Add carrots, garlic and ginger. Continue to stir while stirring. Add cumin, coriander, Madras curry powder and tomato paste. Let it roast briefly, but do not burn it!
- Deglaze with white wine or some broth and top up with broth. Add the coconut milk and then simmer with the lid closed for about 30 minutes until the carrots are soft.
- Puree the soup with a blender and then pass through a sieve. It is best to take a coarse-mesh sieve and add some soup with a ladle and “pass” it through the back of the trowel with circular movements.
- Put the soup back in the pan and season with salt and pepper. Let it boil again briefly and then serve warm.
So and now but here ♥ I throw myself to bed now and you get this delicious fine recipe for breakfast 😉
All the best