I’m in love! In these wonderful delicious small grains rolls with rye and spelled flour. Yammi !! They were created by a simple little experiment, but mostly the best things happen. And since I’m so excited, I’d like to share this recipe with you today. The best way, again, the dough is allowed to go overnight and you can bake stress-free the next day. Life can be so easy. 😉
Mini grains rolls with rye and spelled flour
Who like me early out of the house and come back late, who is happy when it’s fast in the evening. That’s why I like my Focaccia recipe so much. This can also be prepared wonderfully and ultimately this recipe came about therefore also. Last Friday evening, I quickly made the dough, discovering a long-forgotten pack of rye flour in my flour drawer ( yes I have a whole flour drawer 😉). In front of me was my lye node recipe. There must be something to do, I thought to myself and immediately went to a starter with 100% hydration. Thanks to a lack of experience, I took a mixture of spelled and rye flour. Apparently a good choice.
At 10 pm I kneaded the dough and finally put it in the fridge. The next afternoon I was crazy to finally try it out. My expectation was exceeded!
The dough is super easy to process and certainly you can use it to bake big bread, but I chose small mini rolls. I like mini items ♥ Heeeeeeerrlich! So and now for you, love the recipe!
- 150 g spelled flour (type 630)
- 150 g rye flour (type 997)
- 150 ml of lukewarm water
- ¾ tsp dry baking yeast
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 tablespoons of mixed grains (pumpkin seeds, linseeds, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, etc.)
- some coarse sea salt (optional)
- 1 egg yolk or 1 tbsp milk + 1 tbsp oil
- Mix spelled flour and rye flour well in a mixing bowl. Mix water, yeast and sugar in a bowl and add 150 g of the flour mixture. Stir everything into a smooth dough with a wooden spoon. Cover the bowl with cling film and leave for about 60 minutes in a warm place.
- Add the dough, olive oil and salt to the remaining flour and knead the whole with the food processor, an electric hand mixer with dough hook or by hand in 5 to 10 minutes to a homogeneous dough.
- A bowl or sufficiently large (at least 2.5 times the dough volume) of plastic mold with oil moisten. Work the dough around and put it in. Close airtight or cover with cling film and put in the refrigerator. Leave at 4 ° C overnight.
- Preheat oven to 200 ° C circulating air (220 ° C top / bottom heat).
- Carefully pour the cold dough (it should almost double its volume) onto a clean work surface. Knead well and finally work around. Carefully press flat with the back of the hand and roll out with the rolling pin to a thickness of 15 mm to 20 mm at the end. Cut into cubes or triangles with a knife (length approx. 30 mm to 40 mm).
- Mix the grains (possibly coarse sea salt) in a bowl or deep dish and stir the egg yolks until smooth.
- Brush the top of the rolls with the egg yolk, then squeeze into the grain mixture and place on a sheet of baking paper.
- Place the plate in the middle of the oven and bake for approx. 10 – 12 minutes (depending on the oven) until the rolls turn slightly yellow-brown.
- Let cool and enjoy ♥
Of course, the bread rolls can also be baked in large format 😉 just try it! Even bread rolls have never been so easy!
All the best