I love baking at Christmas time! There is nothing better than being in the kitchen at the weekend to make a whole bunch of cookies. Fortunately, there is always protein over there and what better way than magic a few small meringue? Especially as pretty as these little striped mint meringue here? But first a few words to a little pixie package that reached me last week
Christmas elf luck at Bloggerwichteln 2016
When the dear Sarah from the Knusperstübchen asked me just 3 weeks ago if I did not want to join the Bloggerwichteln 2016, I could not say no! Even if my diary is currently quite packed And so it came that I was the lovely Jana of Nom Noms zugelost, but in addition more …
… because before I have a big thank you to the wonderful Anni from Mama vom Meer for the sweet package that reached me with biscuits, homemade marmalade and gingerbread syrup I was really looking forward to it !!
But back to my pixies package that I sent on the trip last week, bulging (in the truest sense of the word, as I had only one small box at home) with a few trifles.
On the journey were allowed among other things:
- this magical peppermint meringue,
- a handful of matcha meringue with chocolate base,
- a few delicious vanilla crisps,
- Gingerbread cookies and of course
- my pizza & pasta spice
And I really hope that I could make love to Jana with it
But now I’ll make you a pleasure and share the recipe for these wonderfully delicious peppermint meringue with you. You will love her! Okay, assuming you’re like me on peppermint … And if not, do not even care, because then you can just omit the mint oil! Or replace it with vanilla!
Unfortunately you have to wait a bit for the other recipes
Striped peppermint meringue
Since I discovered this stripe look last on Pinterest [ CLICK ], I just had to try it out and fortunately I’ve recently (well, a few weeks ago) only bought new food coloring. The result was even more vieeeeel better than expected and taste the hammer.
I have to share that with you, right?
- 110 g finest sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 6-8 drops of mint oil (there are, for example, in the drugstore or pharmacy)
- some red food coloring (gel)
- thin brush
- Preheat the oven to approx. 65 ° C circulating air or 80 ° C top / bottom heat and wipe the mixing bowl and whisk with a little lemon juice (alternatively mild vinegar) to ensure that both are really fat-free.
- Prepare a piping bag with a large perforated nozzle and place in a tall container. Use the brush to paint some long lines inside the piping bag, starting from the top straight up. So you will later on spraying the beautiful lines that remind of candy canes
- Beat the egg whites until foamy and then slowly add the sugar. Continue until the mass is stiff and the sugar is completely dissolved (some of the mass between the fingers, this requires some patience, so do not despair!
- Carefully pour in the starch and beat well, then add a few drops (depending on how minty you want it, 6 drops give one mild and 8 drops a more intense mint note).
- Gently pour the mass into the spout and squirt small tuffs onto a sheet of baking paper. Hold the spout straight and remove the pressure from the spout early on. Just practice a little bit.
- Carefully pull the baking paper onto the baking sheet and bake the meringue in the oven for approx. 2.5 to 3 h and then let it cool in the oven (preferably bake in the evening and allow to cool overnight).
- Distribute the canned meringue canned and give it away or enjoy it yourself
It is best not to open the oven while baking, otherwise the meringues will fall down.
So and I now snack on one or two meringue and then the last ones are also weggefuttert. Is it time to bake this again (then for the third time in the last few weeks) But now it’s time to go to Koblenz SHOOOOOOPPEN tomorrow with my colleague !!! Because I need Christmas gifts! AHHH !! * * Vorweihnachtspanik
Have you imitated something?
Then tag your pictures with @carointhekitchen and #carointhekitchen. I look forward to every single picture with all my heart!