Today is a very special day for me, because here is the first guest entry today. The lovely Marsha from has brought us something
As a blogger, it is not easy at first to get in touch with other bloggers. It wants to exchange only with like-minded people. I’m so happy today that Marsha and I got in touch just 7 weeks ago and all due to their and analogue peanuts . By now we get along very well and I’m almost a bit sad that she lives so far away. So she was also my first choice for a guest post and therefore I am now giving her and this delicious rice pudding with poppy seeds the word.
Marsha & rice pudding with poppy seeds
I was invited by dear Caro on a blog visit today and I not only immediately pledged, but also brought a little something. If you do that as a guest, I once learned 🙂
Today I put a delicious and very fruity, creamy rice pudding with poppy on the virtual table (advantage of the virtual table: He is always big enough and does not need to be cleaned up).
Anyone who does not know me, I’m Marsha, blog since November 2015 on “A pinch of delicious” and cook, bake and eat like. I have two children, one man and no dog. But soon a fence – after all.
Mostly we eat rice pudding quite classic with sugar and cinnamon or fruit compote. Recently, I cook my rice pudding but also more often with lemon and orange abrasion and find that extremely delicious. I also love muffins with poppy and orange, so what happened? Exactly, a new recipe was created and it tastes even better than I had imagined.
It is not really that much more expensive to cook than traditional rice pudding.
I hope you like what the lovely Marsha has introduced you here and you will visit her soon on her blog . I will cook some rice pudding and hopefully 😉
All the best
- 250g rice pudding
- 1 liter of milk
- The abrasion of a organic orange (I freeze lemon and orange zest, then I always have something there)
- 1 tablespoon of sugar or even better vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1-2 tablespoons poppy – to taste
- The rice pudding is placed in a saucepan with the milk, orange peel and sugar, which holds at least 1.5 liters and boiled once. It is best to stand there as long as possible and always stir. Milk boils very quickly and suddenly, so it’s better to stick to it. Once the milk has boiled up, set the cooker to lowest heat and put on the lid. Now allow to swell for about 20-30 minutes and then again and again – so every 5-7 minutes – just stir. Stirring is important because it distributes the starch from the rice grains better into the milk, which then becomes extra creamy. Who has the patience, may stand all the time on the stove and stir with the lid open and medium temperature. But most of the time I do other things besides, and I’m always happy to work easier.
- If the rice grains are cooked, but the rice pudding still looks a bit too liquid, it is optimal. The rice pudding still swells a bit and quickly becomes too firm, meaning you get a milk rice lump. If this happens, but it is not so bad, you just give a sip of milk and stirred again through well.
- At the end, the poppy seeds are stirred in and, if necessary, sweetened. I always cook classic rice pudding without sugar, as we then sweeten it ourselves.
- You are welcome to serve orange pieces to serve or some cinnamon or vanilla sugar.