There are recipes that I just love. But not only because they taste very good , but because they also have memories attached to them. That’s how I feel about these little cakes and cupcakes. I love Russian cakes since my childhood and this taste of chocolate in combination with cheesecake is for me just the absolute exhilaration! The great thing about the little muffin variant is that you can bake just half the recipe and still get the full enjoyment. In addition, you save the cutlery! 😉
Pastry cake muffins
Actually, I’m not a fan of posting recipes that have been felt a thousand times, but I just love these plum cake muffins so much that I have to share them with you! In addition, my neighbors are sure to be happy about the recipe, because they were already happy about a plate of plum cake muffins and rhubarb strawberry crumble tartlets .
Nachzubacken are the small cakes Muffin very easy. The chocolate base is essentially a crumble dough (about 2 parts flour to 1 part sugar and 1 part butter) with some baking powder and a spoonful of rum. Although I hardly drink rum, I love to bake it. So in most baked goods always a good shot of it. I just love the taste of a nice dark rum, there’s no aroma bottle against 😉
The idea for this small variant brought me a small booklet called Kaffeekränzchen That Markus Oma gave me relatively at the beginning of our relationship (unless my memory deceives me: grin :). I also baked it for the first time with my sweetheart. Since then, I continue to file at the recipe, because the original version was delicious, but also very sweet and greasy. Properties I do not like about biscuits (unless they are brownies …).
After having tried 200 baking attempts, the recipe for these cake pancakes was finally there and I love them exactly as they are! With a lot of cocoa, creamy cheesecake and real vanilla ♥
That’s it again today from me 😉 I wish you a good start into the weekend!
All the best
- 90 g of butter
- 80 g of sugar
- 150 g of flour
- 30 g of cocoa
- 0.5 teaspoon baking powder (= 1 gest. TL)
- 1 tbsp rum or water
- 200 g of lean quark
- 50 g melted butter
- 75 g of sugar
- 2 eggs (M)
- 20 g of corn starch
- 0.5 teaspoon ground vanilla or vanilla extract or Mark ½ vanilla pods
- Mix together flour, cocoa and baking powder and sift in a bowl. Add the sugar and butter and mix everything roughly.
- Add EL rum or water and knead everything to sprinkles.
- Whisk eggs and sugar to the highest level until frothy.
- Add ground vanilla.
- Add butter and continue to beat, then stir in curd cheese and cornflour.
- Preheat the oven incl. Metal sheet on the middle rail to 160 ° C circulating air.
- Place muffin cups in the muffin tray.
- / 4 of the dough and roll out between two layers of cling film to about 7 mm thickness, with a round cookie cutter (or in my case, a glass) circles cut out (8 – 9 cm – so large that they are easily placed in Muffinförmchen can not and only cover the ground!)
- Put the dough circles in the muffin cups and press gently.
- Spread the cheesecake filling on top.
- Knead the remaining dough together and “pick off” small portions of it. Put these on the cheesecakes.
- Put the muffin dish in the oven and bake for 25 – 30 minutes until the cheesecake mixture turns golden brown and the chocolate crumble is done.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Carefully remove from the mold and allow to cool on a grid.