OMG! I love brownies, especially when they are so slightly sticky and ultra chocolaty ♥ I’ll end up in the sugar canopy. But how did that happen … Actually I wanted to participate in the annual blog event since the beginning of the month, but somehow there was no time. The ingredients for the month of February are
Pears – Caramel – Kale
Well, I’m not a big fan of pears (except in red and mulled pears ♥) and kale … Let’s not talk about it:) … But caramel, I like that! Fortunately, it is not necessary to use all the ingredients, although of course that would be a bigger challenge. Maybe, next time! But what do I now make delicious with caramel? The sparkling idea was finally an ice cream with salt caramel. However, as you can see, it did not become that way, instead of this very spontaneous yesterday, this brownie was filled with a small pile of caramelized nuts. One day I’ll try the ice cream, but yesterday the desire for brownies outweighed them.
Brownies with caramelized nuts
These brownies are crammed with everything that is good ! Especially a lot of chocolate! But the best are the nuts. I used walnuts and cashews and caramelized them with some butter and sugar. The whole thing was so damn delicious that even before a nut or other landed instead of brownie in my mouth. Understandable or?
At this delicious nut I then immediately (after a short cooling down in the fridge) with the meat tenderizer cut into smaller pieces ♥ so they could later land under the brownie dough. Hach, a dip in Schokoteig ♥ The nuts are good!
In the meantime, I was really worried that I would have failed the dough. That would have been the biggest nightmare par excellence, but everything went well. It is always one thing to try a recipe or to develop a new one 🙂
Does not that look #leckerschmecker?
You see, baking a brownie is child’s play ♥
Two-thirds of the nuts come in the dough, the rest is sprinkled on the dough. Of course, you can also add all the nuts to the dough and then put it into the mold.
Cheek, baking brownie
I hope you enjoy it and bake it quickly
Did you cook or bake something? Then I would be very happy about a picture! Send it to me via Instagram or Facebook!
And if you have time, tomorrow you can submit your contributions! More information can be found here:
- 100 g nuts (walnuts, cashews, or others)
- 20 g of butter
- 60 g of sugar
- a few pinches of salt
- 125 g of flour
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa
- 250 g dark chocolate
- 175 g of butter
- 4 eggs (room warm)
- 225 g of sugar
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 teaspoon baking powder (= 1 gest. TL)
- 1 teaspoon ground vanilla (or pith of a vanilla pod) – optional
- Weigh nuts and set aside.
- In a non-stick pan, melt butter and sugar over medium-high heat. As soon as the mass begins to turn brownish, immediately add the nuts and mix well until the nuts are coated with caramel on all sides. Make sure that caramel and nuts do not burn. If desired browning (golden brown) on a piece of baking paper and let cool.
- Roughly cut the cooled nuts with a suitable tool (see picture)
- Preheat the oven to 175 ° C top bottom heat.
- In a water bath, melt the chocolate and butter while stirring, placing the chocolate and butter in a bowl (metal or other heat-resistant material) and place them in a pan filled with water, for example. Set aside.
- Mix flour with cocoa and baking powder, set aside.
- In another bowl beat the eggs with sugar and salt (if necessary with vanilla) for several minutes until frothy.
- While beating in a thin stream, add the liquid chocolate butter to the mixture.
- Sift the flour-cocoa mixture over the mixture and fold gently until no more flour islands are visible.
- Place one half of the dough in a baking paper tray and sprinkle with the nuts. Spread the rest of the dough over it and smooth it out if necessary. Sprinkle the remaining nuts over it. Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes. Turn the mold 180 ° after 15 minutes. After 25 minutes check the cooking point, with a stick in the middle of the dough. If the dough is still liquid, then bake for another 5 minutes. If there are any lumps on it, then it is good. The dough should not be baked completely!
- Remove the mold from the oven and allow to cool completely. Gently remove from the mold and cut into 5 x 5 cm pieces.